Saturday, June 16, 2012

Win Some, Lose Some

 OK, just a quick update...
Ohhh, fresh strawberries! Today we went picking with friends at Way's Fruit Farm, less than a mile down the road from our house. Even though it was the last day of the season, there were still enough berries left that we brought home about 9 pounds! I couldn't figure out how to avoid all the prickly bushes, so now I have a rash on my arms, but it was SO worth it. These are local, insecticide-free, and delicious!


I also got out to the barn today and spent some quality time with Sydney. Our opinion of "quality" differs, however, in that he did not find it amusing to have half of his hair removed:
I never thought mane pulling was that strenuous, but I have blisters on my fingers and my back is starting to complain a little bit again...but only a little bit. Again these trade-offs are totally worth it because I now have a handsome horse whose mane doesn't resemble a crazy bush.


So are you ready for the bad news? I finally found something that doesn't go with peanut butter: Greek yogurt.
The contents of said yogurt were: 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp graham cracker crumbs, and lots of maple syrup. It was only after I added the maple syrup that I could make myself finish the container. Maybe I didn't use enough peanut butter. Either way, this experiment didn't pay off. I think I'll stick with brown sugar next time!


Happy Father's Day weekend everybody!
Post a Comment