Saturday, July 14, 2012

Productivity: Cookie Trio from Hershey's

I’m feeling productive today. Not only did I write this morning’s review of the best protein bar ever, I met up with a friend for outdoor yoga at the Arts Fest:


It was fun and great for stretching! I almost fell asleep during the “relaxation” part at the end! I think it bothered my back, though. :( It was right next to Memorial Field…that brought back memories of attending football games back when I was in high school, freezing in our white t-shirts for the white-outs, throwing reused Silly String farther down the bleachers….

After that I went for a swim and then to Wegmans to use my coupon for Balance Bars. $1.00 off of four individual bars, so you can guess what will be making an appearance soon! :)

I also fixed my moms Droid, which was somehow transmitting her voice as static only to the poor person trying to hear on the other end. The computer science major’s solution to every computer problem: turn it off, turn it back on, hope it works!


And finally, cookie time! I made Cookie Trio cookies from Hershey’s.com with my mom this afternoon!



These are a regular favorite at our house, and they never last very long. Seriously, check out all the great recipes at hersheys.com/recipes. I have yet to find one I don’t like.

So, to make these you need:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, separate
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa (regular cocoa works fine too)
  • 48 Hershey’s Hugs, unwrapped (we used 56 and we did a mix of Hugs/Kisses to make it interesting)

There was a mutant Hug in our bowl:

It has two banners!
First, unwrap the candies and set them aside in a bowl…



…then mix together the butter, sugar, and shortening. Add the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. When it’s all blended together, split the dough in half. Mix the 2 tablespoons of flour into one half, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into the other half (you might need to use your hands to get the cocoa to spread evenly throughout the dough).




Once you have your two types of dough, roll them into 1-inch balls. You can combine the two types of dough for a two-toned cookie or just use one kind. We did a mix of all three.


Bake them at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until they’re “done,” as we call it in our house. Let them cool for a minute and then put the candies on the cookies, pressing down. Take them off the cookie sheet to cool; we just put them on big ceramic plates.


Voila! Pretty AND delicious! The only problem is, you can’t have just one because you gotta have one of each kind!
Post a Comment