Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: Life Choice Double Peanut Nutrition Bar

Ha! I bet you’re shocked that I decided to try a(nother) peanut butter protein bar next. Maybe these reviews aren’t helping me branch out much...I seem to be eating the same brands and/or flavors! Oh well, if I’m going to be stuck in a rut I’d rather it be a peanut butter-filled one.

If you’ve read my other Life Choice reviews (and agree with them), you can probably just skip this one and go buy yourself one of these Double Peanut Nutrition Bars. Or 10. Or 20.

Seriously, they’re good. But let’s back up a second and do the obligatory photo ops:




It looks really similar to the peanut butter protein bar, except a little bigger. The color is exactly the same, it’s very pleasant and caramel-looking.





The inside is a peanut-buttery color too. In fact it looks like rice crispies held together with peanut butter.

Like I said, these are good. They don’t taste exactly like peanut butter. They’re sweeter, more like peanut butter-flavored candy. (Not nearly as sweet as the Peanut Butter Crunch meal bar, though!) The coating is very creamy and soft, which really helped remind me of peanut butter. The inside is the perfect granola bar consistency, not hard or squishy but pleasantly crunchy like a Rice Krispies Treat, sort of gooey, and easy to chew. Overall everything comes together for an amazing experience.

Now, if you want to get really nitpicky: I didn’t ever find the peanut in “Double Peanut.” But, since I’m not a huge fan of nuts and I think they ruin the whole peanut butter experience, this just made me like it even more. Also, it has more carbs than protein. But it has so many other essential vitamins and whatnot that, really, for something this amazingly delicious, it’s really worth it. IMO.

What are you doing still reading? Go buy some!!

Taste: 10--If you love peanut butter, especially peanut butter candy, this is for you!
Texture: 10--creamy coating, with a Rice Crispies Treat-like interior.
Health: 7.5--Lots of protein, but even more sugar and carbs. It does provide a wide array of other vitamins, though.
Eat Again? Yes! The only flavor I like more is the Cookies & Cream energy bar, but these have so much more to offer nutritionally.

Post a Comment