Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: Life Choice Fudge Graham Nutrition Bar

*** As warned, here’s Life Choice review number two for today. I know, I know, you’re probably groaning...but you have no idea how good it feels to finally get this one out of draft form! It’s been sitting for a couple of weeks now! ***

Just imagine sitting around a campfire eating toasted s’mores with your friends, the marshmallows oozing out of the graham crackers. Not exactly nutritious, so you can’t do it every day...but with these Life Choice Fudge Graham Nutrition bars you can get pretty darn close.

You probably know by now that I’m a huge fan of the Life Choice bars. I haven’t tried all the flavors yet (almost there!), but the ones I have tried were really impressive in terms of balancing taste and nutrition--so many bars sacrifice one for the other, but these seem like a good compromise.

The latest:

“Give in to your craving for a yummy, fudgy treat combined with the classic flavor of graham crackers... while fueling your body with the protein and nutrients it needs to perform at its best.”


It’s bigger than the protein and energy bars, so if you want something to really fill you up this is a good choice.


Like I said, these really do taste like a s’more. I’m not sure if there are actual marshmallows in there (those white things might just be rice crispies), but it has a graham cracker-flavored filling and chocolate chips. (You can see a couple in the picture above.) I’d say the graham is the dominant flavor, with the chocolate as a really nice backup. The fudge coating tops it off nicely. This is one sweet bar.

On the plus side, it has a lot of nutrients: lots of essential vitamins and 15g of protein. On the downside, it has a lot more sugar than the Life Choice protein bars, and the carbs are also higher if you’re worried about those. I’ve read that to be considered a “protein bar” it should have less sugar than protein; not sure if I buy that but this bar does fail that test.

As with the Cookies & Cream energy bar, this is something I would use as a snack, or possibly dessert (it’s not quite as sweet and tasty). If you’re picky about protein bars tasting like “protein,” this is a good way to increase your intake without feeling like you’re choking something down.

I fear my Life Choice posts are becoming redundant as they always seems to end with a “good job!”

Taste: 9--Lots of graham flavor, combines nicely with the chocolate.
Texture: 9--Chewy with a little resistance; the chocolate chips give a little crunch
Health: 7--Lots of protein, but even more sugar and carbs. It does provide a wide array of other vitamins, though.
Eat Again? Yes. It’s not my favorite Life Choice flavor, but definitely one I will go back to.
Post a Comment