Friday, September 28, 2012

Ending the Week With Cravings

Wow. What a long week! Between going to class and going to work and doing homework and doing work work at home, I can’t even remember what happened yesterday, let alone Monday! If I had to give a quick list:
  • Slept terribly on Sunday night and almost fell asleep in the pool on Monday
  • Found Strawberry PowerAde Zero at Wegmans, which seems to be the only store in State College (aside from various gas stations) to carry that flavor
  • Bought some more nutrition bars and ice cream to try whilst at Wegmans (surprise, surprise)
  • Upped my running mileage to ~6.2 miles, give or take .1--this was a highlight :)
Those are the highlights, but it’s been pretty crazy all around. I’m hoping to catch up on sleep this weekend, eat dinner out with my family, and relax...or maybe work on my thesis. Not sure yet...I don’t want to plan too far ahead.

But wait...the week’s true excitement didn’t come until I got home today and found an unassuming package labeled “Quest Nutrition” on the kitchen counter. This was the first time I’ve ever ordered directly from Quest, because this was something special.


Only available to Facebook fans and in limited supply, the Chocolate Crunch Cravings bar came out last Thursday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time (and was sold out by the time I went to bed that night). It’s the first of what’s supposed to be a line of “candy” from Quest that still contains 20 grams of protein and, considering that it’s “candy,” a pretty impressive nutritional profile as well.


Apparently the people at Quest think these are as big a deal as I do. My Cravings bars were well protected (although the actual box of bars was a bit squashed).


As you can guess, I’m pretty excited about these. I tracked them on the UPS website every day after I ordered, charting their progress. But I’m also a little nervous, because I love Quest bars just the way they are and I’m not really sure what I think about having a candy line, too. Comments and picture are popping up on the Facebook page, some positive and some not so much. I plan on trying one later, so look for a review coming up!




There was a peanut butter cup version released yesterday, and a box of those is now on its way from California to Pennsylvania as well, due to arrive on Wednesday. Until then, I’m hoping the Chocolate Crunch bars will tide me over. :)
Post a Comment