Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just a Quick Update

Confession time...the last couple of posts were just stored-up drafts, because circumstances have prevented me from actually writing something new for the past few days. I’ve been ignoring my blog.

I woke up on Monday with this huge lump on my lower spine, showed it to my mom when she got home that evening, and we ended up in the ER. They said it was a cyst, sliced it open with a scalpel and tried to drain it, but nothing came out. They gave me two kinds of antibiotics, packed the hole so it would stay open and hopefully drain, and put this huge gauze dressing on it. So basically I feel like I’m wearing a diaper right above my butt, and sitting can sometimes be a challenge. Same with backpacks.

I went for a follow-up today, same deal. The guy squeezed, nothing happened, he pulled the packing out (ow!) and re-packed it (OW OW OW HOLY OW!) and told me to come back on Friday.

In the meantime, I can’t get it too wet. So no stationary bike or swimming, although I have been able to run (slowly). Biking to work and class with a backpack, however, is another story.

The good news is that it feels much better--and I feel much better. Last night I had a horrible headache and nausea. None of that today. I can press on the bandage without much pain, I don’t need a pillow to drive, and I have absolutely no pain when I’m just sitting, walking, even biking. Hopefully I can get out to the barn soon, but I’m worried about getting it all dirty.

Anyway, sorry for grossing you all out with my infected pus-filled body. I’ll do my best to keep up. I’m feeling much fresher now that I’ve had my first shower in two days! :P
Post a Comment