Friday, October 12, 2012

Ups and Downs and Ice Cream

I just ate over a pound of ice cream.

Well, actually it was frozen yogurt...but does that really make it much better? Better not to think about it, I suppose. It’s been a long, crazy day and I think my need for ice cream just totally overwhelmed me at Kiwi tonight. It’s one of the only downsides of having a self-serve yogurt bar--it can get scary.

It was a half celebratory/half commiseration trip. My geometry exam is over now, and it was probably one of the easiest tests I’ve ever taken, which is awesome. Now I don’t have to worry about memorizing proofs for a while, and on top of that no homework (what teacher gives exams and homework at the same time?). So I can focus on other work (thesis and other homework, of course) this weekend.

But, just as I was starting to feel cheerful about my day, with my exam over and no more classes and the weekend staring me in the face...I decided to go swimming. And what should happen as I was waiting, stationary, to pull into a parking space at the YMCA, but that my freshman calculus professor backs his huge Chrysler Town & Country right into the front of my driver’s-side door.

And I don’t mean he just lightly dinged it. I mean like, he didn’t know he was hitting me at first and he kept going. Like, when I finally parked and tried to get out I couldn’t open the door.

Well, the door does open now, but it takes a fair amount of force and you have to be careful about closing it or else the latch doesn’t catch. It’s all bent back just behind the wheel. I can actually see some of the parts under there that I’m pretty sure you’re not meant to see.

But in the whole scheme of things, at least it’s driveable. And I can look forward to being interviewed by his insurance agency as a part of the “process”...which hopefully ends in them paying for my body work. Still, it was my first accident in four years, and it was minor. I know I’m lucky. Plus, this new look makes me seem a whole lot tougher. ;)
Post a Comment