Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fudge-Fetti

I’ve decided to get into baking a little bit over break. I really do love finding new recipes and trying them out, even if I make a huge mess out of the kitchen and burn the final product. Oh, well. We’ll see how many new things I can cram into the next few days before Penn State turns the thermostats up again and I have to go back to work.

Luckily my first experiment was a huge success. Not only is this delicious, it’s insanely easy. In fact, I wouldn’t even call it baking, since I never turned the oven on.


There are four ingredients. It requires no culinary skills whatsoever. It took me about 15 minutes, because I’m slow (and I was taking pictures). Easy as...cake batter fudge! I found the following recipe at Baked From a Box.

You’ll need:

  • 1 cup cake mix (I used Funfetti; the original recipe calls for white cake mix, but I would love to experiment here)
  • 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup milk
I used skim milk and halved the recipe because I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. I made that decision before I realized that measuring cups don’t have a mark for 1/8 cup. So I ended up eyeballing the milk. But it still turned out amazing, so no harm done.



Anyway, the first step is to throw the dry ingredients (sugar and cake mix) into a bowl that you feel safe putting in the microwave. You can mix them together a bit or not, it probably won’t really matter in the long run.


Add the rest of the ingredients, but don’t stir. The original recipe says that chopping the butter helps, but since I had half the butter, I didn’t feel the need.


Microwave for 2 minutes.


Mine came out bubbling! Stir it right away (i.e., don
’t stop and take a ton of pictures), because I found out that it hardens pretty fast and you won’t be able to pour it easily.



Then pour it into a greased pan. I used a small plastic container and lined it with aluminum foil (no grease) to make it easier to lift out and cut. To be honest, I could just eat the stuff right out of the microwave (if it wasn’t so hot!).


Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before cutting. Then have at it!






Yum...Fudge-Fetti!



So pretty, and delicious too! Honestly, I don’t think there’s a need for any other kind of fudge. This takes the cake!
Post a Comment