Sunday, January 6, 2013

Last Day Of Freedom, One Last Recipe

It’s the last night of break...I could (and probably should) pack my stuff for tomorrow, pre-mix tomorrow morning’s protein powder, set my alarm...or I could finally print the thank-you notes that have been sitting on my computer since Christmas...

...or...

...I could bake one last recipe before I have to go back!

Now since I really should do all that other stuff, I picked a nice simple one that my sister and I have been making for years. In fact, she’s already made it three times this break, she likes it so much. And every time, I’ve helped demolish it. So I figure it’s my turn.

It’s a simple recipe for cookie brittle, with five ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup M&M’s (or “candy-coated baking bits”)
First, melt the butter and mix in the sugar and vanilla.


Don’t do what I did and use 3/4 of a stick, instead of 3/4 of a cup. I did eventually figure it out though...after I added the flour and the dough turned all flaky.

Anyway, add the flour next, and then the M&M’s once the flour is mixed in. So easy!


Pat it into a greased pan...


and cook it at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. I personally like cookies half raw, so these turned out a little well-done for my taste (they were brown around the edges).


There was also butter bubbling on the surface, which I’m pretty sure isn’t supposed to happen. I guess that’s what happens when a brunette has a blond moment in the kitchen. :)


Anyway, back to all that stuff I should have done in the first place...at least now I have some fortification while I prepare to return to the real world.
Post a Comment