Thursday, January 3, 2013

On Depression, Winning, and Cake Batter Pudding

Vacation is winding down, and despite my efforts to keep a positive attitude I’m getting kind of depressed about having to go back to work and class. These past two weeks went by way too fast!

But yesterday I got a cheering-up present from NoGii, maker of gluten-free products:


NoGii was started by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who endured years of intestinal agony before finally being diagnosed with celiac disease. There’s a t-shirt, The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide by Elisabeth, and an awesome sports bag filled with...


...gluten-free nutrition bars! That’s one of each flavor product they make:
You might guess how excited I was when I won the Grand Prize in NoGii’s 5-day Christmas countdown on Twitter. (There, I admitted it. I have a Twitter account. *Hangs head in shame* Its sole purpose is to participate in food giveaways.) And how excited I was when the UPS man delivered it. And what will be appearing on this blog on the (hopefully) near future. ;) I started reading the book already, and it
’s quite interesting.

Anyway, the upshot of my end-of-freedom depression is that I’ve been devoting most of my remaining break time to being totally unproductive, rather than trying new things. But luckily, I have a recipe for you that’s so quick and simple that 1) your dog could probably make it, and 2) you’ll still have ample time to be unproductive. Trust me.

I don’t even have pictures of the process. Just the finished result:


Funfetti Cake Batter Pudding! All you need is a package of instant pudding mix, 1/4 cup Funfetti cake mix, and two cups of cold milk. Then you just mix up your pudding as usual, only add the cake mix (if that’s not enough sprinkles for you, add some more of those, too.)

I used Great Value (the Walmart brand) sugar free French Vanilla pudding, because we didn’t have vanilla, and skim milk. Odd choices, maybe, for something we’re adding sugary cake mix to, but...let’s try to mitigate it a little, shall we?

OK, maybe I’m a hypocrite. But who really cares, because this tastes really good! A lot like the cake batter fudge I made at the beginning of break, which incidentally is why I had all this leftover cake mix to make pudding with...anyway, if you’re into cake and cake batter, you need to try this. I’m already planning variations...red velvet, anyone? Or perhaps brownie mix?




All right, time to stop. I’m drooling.
Post a Comment