Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oh, Life...

I’ve had a bit of a stressful week. Well, OK, mostly just a stressful Friday, but it was enough stress for several weeks’ worth.

It started with my horse bucking off an innocent little girl (and trying to buck off her twin, too). All I was trying to do was find him a great home with people I trust while I get myself settled in North Carolina. But now I feel responsible for traumatizing two awesome girls for life. (Anybody looking for a fat bucking bronco?) The worst part is, he was an absolute angel walk/trot. But what kid wants a horse they can’t canter? Anyway, Zoe rode him today and says she beat up on him a bit, which makes me feel...slightly better.

Then I got an email from the Schreyer Honors College informing me that I do not have enough honors credits to graduate. Apparently, by taking three credits of thesis work in the fall and six this spring, I have “exceeded the maximum allowable credits for a repeatable course” (according to my audit). I had originally only scheduled three thesis credits this spring, but after having to drop an honors course earlier, my advisor told me to sign up for three more. So of course I immediately sent that email off to him and am waiting until he can look into it next week.

So, yeah. Sometimes life is just too much, you know? And then you’re walking through the grocery store and you see something that just looks totally awesome, and you can’t help but get way too excited and giddy and you end up buying it even though it’s totally bad for you. Case in point:


Cinnamon Bun Bites and Cookies & Cream Bites. I can’t even figure out what the name of the company is that makes them, but the original product was Cookie Dough Bites. As far as I’ve been able to figure, that may just be the company name as well. They also have Fudge Brownie Cookie Dough Bites, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites, Cupcake Bites, Red Velvet Bites, and a dark chocolate cookie dough version. My Giant doesn’t carry any other than these two, though, so that’s what I ended up with.



Sorry for the terrible picture. Basically they’re little balls like the cookie dough balls you get in ice cream (well, most cookie dough ice cream, anyway). They’ve nailed the gritty cookie dough texture, too, and both of these flavors are a hit with me because they are coated in WHITE chocolate! The cinnamon ones definitely taste like cinnamon, but I don’t know about “oven fresh”...and they kind of have a weird aftertaste that just makes me shove more in my mouth to put of the aftertaste moment. The Cookies & Cream Bites are better, but honestly they could have just been chocolate centers and I wouldn’t have known...how can you really tell the difference with a product like this? Anyway, they’re both extremely addicting and for that reason I did not buy either one when I went back to Giant today. :)

And another find...well, my mom bought them at Walmart, but only because I told her they were supposedly out in stores now:


Yep, for a limited time only Apple Jacks now come with marshmallows. When we went to Virginia Beach I got myself addicted to Froot Loops with marshmallows (which aren
’t limited edition), but I’m not a huge fan of fruity cereal (but for those crunchy little marshmallows I’ll do anything). So Apple Jacks seem like the perfect solution because I’m totally a cinnamon person (see above). Just FYI, Kellogg’s also just released Cinnamon Jacks, which in my opinion completely trounce Apple Jacks, but as yet they don’t come with marshmallows.


Admittedly, I’m a little disappointed that the marshmallows are white and not funky rainbow colors like the Froot Loops, but oh well. They still taste awesome and tooth-achingly sugary.

And--I promise this is the last anecdote for today--sometimes misfortune becomes fortune. This morning I found a rock-like something in my Apple Pie Quest bar. So I posted to the Facebook page, was directed to email customer service, and received a reply this afternoon. On a Saturday! Wow, I love Quest. Anyway, I now have a free box of Chocolate Peanut Butter bars on the way from California...they even let me pick a flavor!

Also, I ran again today and feel fine!! I’m hoping this is a sign that the tides are shifting...
Post a Comment