Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Best Birthday Present


Happy early Mother’s Day everyone! I’ll also be 22 tomorrow, an extra-special occurrence since I was born on Mother’s Day. I’m usually averse to celebrating my birthday, so I’m looking forward to having someone else to celebrate instead. :)


For some reason I just don’t really like getting gifts. I’d much rather give them, I guess. Unless I’m about to move several states away and need the household basics. Yep, my birthday present came early this year: Today I spent a long day furniture shopping with my mom and sister. It was exhausting, but fun. And successful--I now have a bedroom set (bedframe, dresser, and an end table), a mattress, a couch, a pretty cool circular coffee table that fits four ottomans underneath the glass top (for a footrest or for extra company), and this AWESOME chair:


As soon as I sat in it, I knew I had to have it. It even swivels! This is definitely the piece of furniture I’m most excited about. Never mind the couch, I’ll be using that chair all the time!

I still need some smaller things, like stools for the bar in the kitchen, lamps, a TV, and I’m sure I’m forgetting other things. But those are all things we can buy once we’re in Durham. I’ll probably be discovering more items that I need for a while after I actually start living in my apartment. Just part of the adventure, I guess.

What a nice, short post for tonight. I’d think of something deep and introspective to write, but I’m too tired. I’ll save it for another night, when I’m thinking more clearly. Until then...live, laugh, love, and eat! :)
Post a Comment