Monday, July 15, 2013

YOgurrrt!

I am on a serious yogurt kick.

And no, I don’t mean froyo. I mean real yogurt, the refrigerator (not freezer) kind. Two things have precipitated this turn of events: 1) Kroger, and 2) Betty Crocker. Let me explain...

1)

First off, the discovery of Kroger’s store brand of yogurt. Not only are they cheaper than Yoplait even with the coupon I had, they have some pretty cool flavors that I’ve never even seen before. I tried my first one today...Caramel Spice Cake. And then I went to Kroger after work today and bought a ton more. Along with another big tub of my go-to vanilla Light & Fit, because...

2) Betty Crocker is a very nice lady. Sure, I’m probably biased because she sent me a box of Hershey’s Cookies & Cream cookie mix for free, but you can’t argue with the lady who’s making your brownies for you.... But I’m getting off track. Living alone means that I have a fear of actually baking these cookies, because then I’ll have how many dozen cookies and no one else to eat them. And I’m still totally capable of blowing through at least a dozen at once. I think they call it “reactive eating” in recovery circles.

Solution? You guessed it, yogurt!


I thought the Funfetti was good. The brownie batter was awesome and has been my usual for a few weeks now. But this...this is the shit, baby.


It’s the same recipe: for 1(ish) cups of yogurt, I used 2 Truvia packets and 2.5-ish tablespoons of cookie mix...and it was amazing. There are Oreo cookie crumbles in the mix, so those add some crunch, and then there are also white chocolate chips...oh how I love white chocolate! They are super soft and creeeeamy and just overall delightful, and then there’s the added bonus that the yogurt takes on a slightly raw-cookie taste just from the mix itself. I am totally doing this every night!


So there you have it. I have my morning yogurts for the rest of the week (at least!) and my nighttime sweet-attack solution. I also started eating those brown sugar cinnamon mini-bagels (for some reason that flavor doesn’t come in full size) at lunch, at the request of my therapist. They’re decent. I don’t know if I’d buy them again, but I had to try them at least once to sate my burning curiosity, which tends to run out of control. Hence the state of my fridge.

(+ one more tub of Light & Fit!)
Those cinnamon yogurts are practically screaming my name. Anyway, that’s all I got tonight, except don’t be afraid to make changes. No, I don’t like eating during the day. It’s so ingrained into my brain that I “need” to save it all up and then go crazy at night. Sometimes I do slip up. But we’re not perfect, and trying to be perfect is part of what got me here in the first place. I am learning, but it’s one step at a time. Learning to not be perfect...OK, that’s my deep thought for the day. Don’t worry I’m sure I’ll be back with more infinite wisdom tomorrow. ;)
Post a Comment