Monday, September 30, 2013

Blue Bell Cotton Candy (An Ice Cream Review)


Of the two (now three) experiences of cotton candy in my life, only one has been with real cotton candy. Then I tried Ben & Jerry’s new Walmart exclusive take on the candy and, well, I was impressed. With a whole new respect for cotton candy ice cream, which I’ve never felt the desire to try before. Thanks to that realization, I eagerly grabbed Blue Bell’s take on cotton candy as soon as I saw it at Walmart.


No description needed, it’s fairly obvious, just cotton candy-flavored ice cream.


With probably the coolest, most perfect swirl ever! Is that pretty or what!

Honestly, there’s not a whole lot to say about this ice cream. With no mix-ins, it’s not quite as exciting as Ben & Jerry’s version, but it tastes pretty similar. It’s like eating pure sugar, which I guess is what cotton candy is. It’s even sweeter than cake batter, which I love because it’s one of the sweetest ice cream bases out there. It reminds me of something, but I can’t put my finger on exactly what...frosting maybe? Or maybe even sweeter that THAT...it was almost too much, all at once. I had to slow down, which is a rare occurrence.

This is one of the creamier Blue Bell flavors, although it’s still not quite up to Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s. It’s also not as dense. It’s easy to spoon out, doesn’t melt too quickly, and...well, it’s a well-done premium ice cream but it’s not super-premium, if you know what I mean. But I still loved it. It may be my favorite Blue Bell flavor yet (the only rival being Krazy Kookie Dough).
Post a Comment