Monday, September 16, 2013

Cookies & Cream Pop-Tarts: Redemption

All righty, here we go again with Pop-Tarts I “borrowed” when I left home for North Carolina. Like the Chocolate Fudge ones, they were “my sister’s,” although nobody really cares in my house and she was eating the Cookie Dough ones instead anyway.





I’ll try and keep it brief. You know I’m not a huge fan of the chocolate pastries because they tend to be dry, but this one is darker and less flaky. It has more moisture, if you will. While it’s still not something I would tolerate without the promise of frosting and filling, it does kind of remind me of an Oreo in taste. It’s not that sweet, but in this case the darkness makes that OK.


And then the goods: Frosting and filling combine to make this one of the better
Pop-Tarts out there. The filling is like gooified Oreo creme, and the icing...well, that’s the true star. It’s crunchy in that sugary Pop-Tart way, giving a pleasing grit while totally outsweetening everything else. I love it.

My overall Pop-Tart rankings now stand as follows:
  1. Cookie Dough (nothing’s ever touching this one)
  2. Chocolate Peanut Butter
  3. Cookies & Cream
Post a Comment