Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Atkins Advantedge Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar

I got a bunch of free Atkins bars a while ago, and yes, I’ve had them for an embarrassingly long time. But there’s no time like the present to eat a protein bar, which is why I grabbed the Chocolate Peanut Butter protein bar on my way out the door one morning.



It looks average, but the minute it comes out of the wrapper it smells like peanut butter. Granted, not peanut butter straight from the jar...but sweet peanut butter that reminds me of candy. Which, really, is just as good.


The smell translates pretty directly into the taste. It’s almost like a peanut butter and fluff mixture, which is amazing for me since two of my favorite foods are peanut butter and marshmallows. No, it’s not as intense as a candy bar, but it’s close. The whole time I was going nuts trying to remember exactly what it reminded me of--because I swear I’ve eaten something that tasted almost exactly like this. Some sore of candy, like one of those nougat-Reese’s or something. I don’t know, I don’t care, I only care that this is a well-done peanut butter protein bar!

The texture is also agreeable--soft, but still chewy with a little resistance. It’s not going to take very long to finish, but it still has some substance to it. The chopped peanuts inside add some variety. Overall, it’s sort of like a nougat-and-nut-filled candy bar.

Taste: 8--like peanut butter candy.
Texture: chewy and only a bit more resistant than nougat.
Eat Again? Yes.
Post a Comment